The mechanical manufacturing course is designed for those who are seeking a career as a machinist in the engineering and manufacturing industries.
Skilled machinists create precision parts used in manufacturing and engineering. As well as learning the fundamentals of engineering theory and manufacturing processes, you will gain experience in using the latest computer numerical control (CNC) machines tools to cut, drill and finish components.
Specialist units include:
- Manual milling and turning
- Hand fitting
- CNC milling
- CNC turning
- CNC grinding
What qualifications will you gain?
By taking an engineering apprenticeship, you can gain a variety of skills and qualifications including:
- A minimum of three NVQ Level 2 skills sets from the Performing Engineering Operations qualification
- Level 2 Award in Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Level 2 Award in Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Functional skills in Maths, English and ICT (depending on your existing qualifications)
- NVQ Level 3 Extended Diploma in Engineering (Pathway Specific)
- Further Education Certificate – BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in your chosen pathway