The AMRC Training Centre is 60,000 sq ft. over four floors and is packed full of the most up to date industry standard equipment. Click here to view our virtual tour.
The workshop houses brand new state-of-the-art kit including:
- Manual machines
- CNC machinery
- The latest computer controlled measuring equipment
- High tech welding equipment
- The latest electrical testing equipment
- Industry standard robotics
- Pneumatic & hydraulic simulation centres
- Impressive programmable logic controllers
- 3D virtual reality system
- A full range of basic hand tools, testing equipment and resources
Elsewhere within the Centre there are:
- Designated FE classrooms
- PC suites
- Drawing studios
- Computer aided design (CAD/CAM) suites
- CNC programming areas
The Centre houses its own in house canteen area with a full range of hot & cold healthy foods which is available to purchase.
The Training Centre team comprises of very experienced individuals from within various industry sectors. Our actual training team are all from within the world of engineering and have several years of experience in the delivery and assessment of all levels of the NVQ qualification.
Why are we better?
- The AMRC Training Centre is new therefore all training will be carried out on the very best equipment currently available to industry.
- All the apprentices are employed from day one onwards, no broken job promises.
- The AMRC/University of Sheffield pride themselves on their professionalism, this will be the same standard in the training centre.
- We have an invaluable resource of expertise at our fingertips, this can be tapped into at all times to constantly update and improve our provision.
- We offer an extensive range of enhancements to our apprentices to help them to develop better as individuals.
- We have developed an industry board which allows us to listen to industry and tailor our courses to match industry needs.
- We offer progression from NVQ level 2, right up to PhD level.
- We offer a selection of different training models to fit in with the requirements of different employers.
Please get in touch with us should you have any questions.