Ref: AMRC FW207
09 Mar 2020
£3.90 per hour
Location: Sheffield S20
40 Hours per Week
Fabrication and Welding
The responsibilities of the Welder / Fabricator position include fitting and joining, fabricating, and repairing metal and other wieldable material by applying appropriate welding techniques in accordance with product specifications and production schedules.
• Perform welding duties MMA, TIG & MIG/MAG
• Complying with Statutory Regulations & Health & Safety
• Plan & work effectively
• Read, understand, and follow job order specifications, engineering drawings, and/or work orders.
• Weld steel components with welding equipment as specified by layouts, engineering drawings, work orders, or verbal instructions.
• Work includes set-up, laying out work using jigs/fixtures or hand layouts to fabricate parts and/or rework finished products.
• Work with fitters or fitters/welders to assist in the fabrication or welding of multi-component parts.
• Operate, hoists, hand power tools, slings, grinders, cutting torch, and other hand tools related to the jobs needs.
• Inspect and correct welds as necessary to meet product specifications.
• Willingness to cross-train and perform the work of other job tasks in addition to the primary assigned position.
• Inspect equipment to maintain functional equipment if any equipment needs repairs notify supervisor/lead or maintenance department.
• Perform a variety of complicated tasks, as required.
• Good communications skills.
· The chosen candidate must have 5 GCSE's or equivalent at Grade C or grade 4-9 under the new education grade system effective from 2016/2017 above, Must include Maths and English.
Leave us with some details and we will provide you with more information.