AMRC Training Centre Manufacturing Camp
The AMRC Training Centre Manufacturing Camps - New dates added!
29th July - 2nd August
5th - 9th August
Click here for more info
The development of our young engineers today is fundamental to the success of the industry tomorrow. The AMRC Manufacturing Camp is an opportunity for young people to get a head start and undertake a one-week employability and work experience placement within an engineering and manufacturing environment.
We provide a range of opportunities during the manufacturing camp that will:
- Provide young people with the opportunity to work alongside manufacturing apprentices, in a fantastic training facility.
- Help young people to gain an understanding of apprenticeship pathways and the career progression from them.
- Allow young people to talk to current apprentices.
- Help prepare young people for applying for future job opportunities, through development of CVs.
- Give young people experience of interviews with feedback to assist them for future opportunities.
Who is it for?
Young people interested in a career in engineering and manufacturing (aged 14-18) and schools who wish to organise structured work placements.
Thomas Plummer attended our manufacturing camp. He had originally planned to study engineering at college, but after the experience, he decided to get an apprenticeship with the AMRC Training Centre. He is now employed as one of our maintenance apprentices for Classic Lifts Ltd:
"I got a better insight into Engineering and the direction I wanted to go through attending the Manufacturing Camp. I liked the practical hands-on experiences and realised I could be paid to learn something I really enjoy."
Schools also signpost students who are interested in engineering to our centre. Students from Handsworth Grange Community Sports College attended manufacturing camps and pupil progression manager, Denise Powell said:
"Thank you so much. The kids certainly had a great time and thoroughly enjoyed the experience with you. Please pass on my thanks to all you staff for their help and support with the summer camps."