The Princes' Trust - Get Started with Product Design
Two 'Get Started with Product Design' programmes have been scheduled for 2016, check back soon for details. Please contact Vicky Sung on email@example.com with any queries.
The Prince’s Trust, Boeing and the AMRC Training Centre have joined forces to help develop young people’s professional skills in advanced manufacturing.
The Prince’s Trust ‘Get Started with Product Design’ is a five day training programme, combining the best of our annual Manufacturing Camps with the mentoring and life-skills support offered by The Prince’s Trust.
The aim is to give young people aged 16 to 25, who are not in education, training or employment a flavour of what it takes to be an apprentice and embark on a rewarding career in manufacturing.
This was made possible as part of Boeing’s extensive programme of community engagement initiatives, inspiring young people to take an interest in science, technology, engineering and mathematics at school and beyond.
The Prince’s Trust has a dedicated Outreach Team and will recruit young people from the local community who want to benefit from the programme.
The five day course gave the participants the chance to experience:
- A range of design and manufacturing technologies
- Working as a team to design and make a product that could be used by airline passengers
- Experiencing the latest additive manufacturing and virtual reality technology in action
- Receiving free practical training designed to enhance career prospects
- Three months of professional and pastoral support designed to help with a move into education, training or employment
Who is it for?
Young people aged 16 to 25, who are not in education, training or employment.