Metals Technology Certificate
“METTECH” is a coordinated programme of training courses intended primarily for technical staff who are routinely involved in the processing or testing of metals-based products. It is also suitable as technical background for staff in engineering and commercial functions.
Knowledge gained from the self-study manual and from each of the taught courses is assessed via on-line multiple choice examinations. Results from these will be aggregated and successful candidates will be issued with a University of Sheffield Certificate of Achievement, with a PASS (>40%), CREDIT (>50%), MERIT (>60%) or DISTINCTION (>70%). (Note that this does not constitute a formal, accredited qualification.)
Who Should Attend?
Although there are no formal entry requirements, it is recommended that candidates have GCSE grade A, B or C and preferably A levels in maths and physics/chemistry.
Multiple course qualification
Price : £2500
|Enquire about this course »|
Course Modules :
- Carbon & Alloy Steel Metallurgy
- Titanium Metallurgy
- An Introduction to Metal and Alloy Selection
- Combating Corrosion
- Non-Destructive Testing (NDT)
- Mechanical Testing of Metals
- Metallurgical Failure Analysis and Prevention
- Introduction to Fatigue
- Fundamentals of Metallurgy
- Nickel Metallurgy
- Principles of Heat Treatment
- Metals Processing & Manufacturing Technologies
- Principles of Testing & Quality Assurance
- Scientific and Engineering Principles
- Metals Technology Certificate